Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Burger Tour 2010!




I have over the last week consumed more beef than I probably did in the entire two months prior. Aside from the visit to In and Out, we also made a pilgrimage to the new Smashburger. While I had been to both, I had never been to the ones that recently opened near my house. I will say this: I had forgotten how good a Smashburger was. It was almost a religious experience and, while I'm a lover of good food, I'm not obsessed with it. I opt for the mantra: "Eat to live, don't live to eat." But Smashburger could very well change that. It reminds me of why I ended a six and half year stint as a vegetarian; because life was meant to be enjoyed, not endured. ;o)

This burger alone probably should have accounted for my total calorie intake for three-four days and it definitely does not make you feel light on your feet, but it's a darn good burger with a better-than-average dining atmosphere. How good can the atmosphere at a burger joint be? Well none of the furniture was composed of the obligatory hard plastic McDonalds and the like have nor is any of it bolted to the floor. Imagine that. And, while the color schemes at such classy establishments as Burger King and Wendy's run toward the vibrant primary colors or tacky, 80's pastels, the hues employed at Smashburger are more urban with sultry shades of crimson and jet black being prevalent. (Yes I just described the color scheme as sultry.)

It's sort of like burgers for the chic.

So move over sushi--slaughtered, processed cow has never been so hot! ;o)

The above shot was taken by my personal assistant/photographer. "Mom," she called. "Rub your stomach and say, 'mmmmmm.'" So I did. Not the most flattering picture, but fun nonetheless... :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment